Due to high winds and dry temperatures, several major fires are spreading throughout Southern California. Tens of thousands have had to evacuate, and local wildlife is fleeing in fear. Read on for ways that you can help!
If you're local...
1) Keep your companion animals inside.
2) Leave buckets of water outside for wildlife who venture into your yard.
3) In the event of an evacuation, please bring your companion animals with you.
Other ways to help
2) Send donations to the Los Angeles County Animal Care Foundation here.
4) Visit The Red Cross to donate. The Red Cross provides shelter and medical support for victims of the fires.
5) Share this blog post with your friends to spread the word and support organizations who are working hard to save lives.
Thank you for stepping up to help those in need!
Source: One Green Planet
Image Credit: NY Times