Humans and pups alike love these Peanut Butter & Chia Cookies!
Posted by email@example.com (Tess Soper) on November 16, 2016 0 Comments
We're excited to share this yummy recipe guest blog post from our friend Anna at My Vegan Apron...enjoy!
Are you thinking of baking cookies today? Everyone loves fresh homemade cookies, even your furry family member! Homemade dog treats are the way to go when pampering your furry friend. Not only are you treating them with a fresh baked treat, but by baking them yourself, you also have the control of the quality of ingredients that go into that treat. We want our furry friends to eat well, so feed them treats that are beneficial to their health. That's why this recipe for Peanut Butter and Chia Cookies will be one of your furry friend’s favorite cookies!
Also, did I mention these cookies are also to be enjoyed by humans? Thats right! So, when you are done baking these yummy cookies and placing them into Fido’s treat jar, toss a few into the family cookie jar as well!
*Please be aware of any allergies or food sensitivities that your dog may have before attempting this recipe.
Peanut Butter and Chia Cookies
Yields 6 bite sized cookies for dogs and 8 large cookies for humans.
2 cups organic quick oats
2 T organic chia seeds
3 T organic coconut oil
1 cup organic smooth, unsalted peanut butter
- Line a large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, set-aside.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind oats in a food processor until you get a fine flour.
- Place flour into a large bowl, add the chia seeds, coconut oil, and peanut butter, combine until a soft dough forms.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball and place on the lined baking sheet. Next, using the tines of a fork, with slight pressure flatten the cookies while making a crisscross pattern into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake cookies for 10-13 minutes. The smaller cookies will bake faster so watch them closely.
[This post was written by guest blogger Anna Jurik. You’ll find this and other recipes in her ecookbook One For You And One For Me available on her blog, http://myveganapron.blogspot.com.]