Vegan Business Media interviewed Lindsay Rubin, Director of Operations at v-dog, in their latest podcast episode to talk about the ins and outs of running a small business and the company's upcoming international expansion. Listen to the full episode here.
Always obsessed with animals, Lindsay ran her own dog sitting business in high school, and became a vegetarian in college. After learning about the dairy and egg industries, she went vegan and became an animal rights activist.
In 2013, she met Dave Middlesworth, the late founder of v-dog, who started the company in 2005 with his wife Linda, and starting working with the company as the first full-time employee. She currently leads the company’s strategy for growth.
In this interview Lindsay discusses:
• The challenges the company faced with packing, warehousing and distribution companies when it started out and how it resolved these
• How partnerships have been instrumental in the growth of the brand
• How and why the company is expanding internationally under the v-planet brand name
• How the company decides when and what type of new product to bring out
• The advantages of competitions and giveaways and how v-dog makes the most of these to gain more brand awareness
• The benefits of having a live chat system on the company website, the tool it uses for this, and how the team manages enquiries
Since 2005, v-dog has seen thousands of dogs thrive on our 100% plant-based and hypoallergenic kibble and treats. Our products are free of wheat, corn, soy, and animal products, making them an excellent fit for even the most sensitive pups. Hooray for healthy, cruelty-free dog food!