There are many human foods that are suitable to feed your pooch that will add an extra burst of taste and variety to your V-dog kibble to keep them happy and healthy. Here's a list of delicious and nutritious treats!
1. Sweet potatoes: These are jam-packed with Vitamin A, C, B6, and a plethora of minerals. They are also loaded with fiber, which will keep your pup’s belly full and aid in digestion and elimination. Additionally, they contain a large dose of antioxidants to help prevent cancer.
2. Lentils: These legumes are high in protein, fiber, and complex carbohydrates, which prevent spikes in blood sugar.
3. Quinoa: Unlike most other grains, quinoa is a complete protein. It is loaded with heart-healthy fats and contains compounds that fight and prevent cancerand inflammation.
4. Peas: Peas are packed with antioxidants, fiber, and protein. They also contain tons of vitamin C and trace minerals.
5. Apples: Apples contain many vitamins and minerals including vitamins A and C. They are loaded with fiber to keep your pup’s digestive tract healthy and aid in elimination. They also will give your pup fresh breath and clean their teeth! Be careful not to let them eat any seeds though, as these can be a choking hazard.
These are some of my dog’s favorite treats. What kinds of foods does your dog like to eat? -Annie from vegannie.com