These tasty tempeh strips by Plant-Powered Dog are the perfect combo of sweet and savory. Made with just 5 simple ingredients, they're an easy and healthy alternative to store-bought jerky that will have your dog jumping for joy. Let's get cookin'!
Yields 26 strips
- One 8 oz package of organic tempeh (Heads-up for pups with allergies: tempeh contains soy, and some brands contain wheat)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup (Be sure to use 100% maple syrup, not pancake syrup or sugar-free syrup)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Cut the tempeh block in half lengthwise, then slice each half widthwise into 13 thin strips.
- Add all ingredients except tempeh into a shallow dish or pie plate to create the marinade. Mix together well.
- Toss the tempeh in the marinade to fully coat. Let sit for 1 hour, flipping occasionally.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 375° F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and lay the strips down.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip and cook 15 more minutes, or until crisp. (Optional: broil for a couple minutes at the end, but be careful not to burn them!)
- Transfer strips to a wire rack and let cool. (They will get crispier as they cool.)
- Serve to your pup and watch them go crazy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Get more pawesome vegan dog recipes at Plant-Powered Dog.
At v-dog, we've seen dogs thrive on our vegan diet since 2005. Our products are allergy-friendly, made in the USA, and of course 100% cruelty-free. Check out our Vegan Dogs 101 page to learn how to improve your fur baby's health, lower their carbon pawprint, and save animals by switching them to a plant-based diet like v-dog.
MORE FROM OUR BLOG:
Questions about v-dog?
Contact our customer happiness team at email@example.com.