There are so many amazing fruits & veggies you can enjoy with your doggo! Even the pickiest of eaters will love some if not all of the fruits & veggies on this list. Not only are these an added bonus for flavor, they also have many health benefits for your BFF.
1. Carrots: Carrots are great for your pups vision and skin. They also help to clean teeth and gums. Carrots contain vitamins A,C,D,E & K, magnesium, iron, beta-carotene, potassium and fiber!
2. Blueberries: Blueberries contain antioxidants which prevent cell damage and cancer. These are a great low calorie option!
3. Bananas: Bananas can boost your pups energy, improve heart health & blood pressure. Bananas contain amino acids, fiber, vitamin C & b6, and potassium.
4. Apples: Apples are a wonderful treat for your pup, just make sure to remove the core and seeds! Apples contain fiber & vitamin A & C and are low in fat.
5. Brussel sprouts: Brussel sprouts are a great source of fiber & contain vitamins A, B1, B6, K & G!
6. Celery: Celery can actually help with bad breath! Celery contains vitamins A,B, & C, can help fight cancer AND promote heart health!
7. Broccoli: Broccoli should be fed sparingly because it can cause GAS! Broccoli contains vitamins A,C,D, beta-carotene, folic acid, fiber, calcium, and chromium.
8. Cantaloupe: Cantaloupe is high in sugar so if your pup is overweight or has diabetes this fruit should be fed sparingly. Cantaloupe contains many nutrients, fiber, and water. Make sure to remove ALL seeds before feeding.
9. Cucumbers: Cucumbers are low calorie, low carb, & low fat! They contain vitamins C,B1,K, potassium, copper, magnesium, and biotin.
10. Peas: Peas are a natural plant-based source of protein! Peas contain vitamins A,B1,B2,B3,B6,C & K! WOW! They also contain thiamin, phosphorus, manganese, fiber & folate!
11. Green beans: Green beans contain fiber, minerals, and important vitamins! They are low in calorie, too!
12: Strawberries: Strawberries contain an enzyme that actually helps to brighten your pups smile! They are full of fiber, & vitamin C. Because strawberries are high in calories they should be fed in moderation.
13: Spinach: Spinach contains large amounts of vitamins A, B, C, and K. It also contains iron, antioxidants, beta-carotene, and roughage, which stimulate the digestive tract.
14: Potatoes: Potatoes are nutrient rich vegetables that provide vitamins C,B6, iron, and magnesium! The combo of these vitamins and minerals can have positive effects on your dog's immune and nervous systems!
15: Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are great sources of vitamins C,B5, copper, calcium, dietary fiber, potassium, and iron. They are high in dietary fiber, which helps your pups digestive system function more effectively! Sweet potatoes are also low-fat!
16: Watermelon: Watermelon is super hydrating! It also contains vitamins A,B-6,C, and potassium!
We hope this list of dog friendly fruits & veggies helps you in your quest for new and exciting additions to your BFFs diet!