Fall is here, which means it's time to start baking our favorite treats! This recipe from Plant-Powered Dog smells delicious coming out of the oven and is sure to be a big hit with your pup. Prepare for some major drooling!
Fall Spice Maple Pear Leaf Treats
Yields 7 medium cookies
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds + 3 Tbsp. warm water)
- 1 pear, pureed
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and greasing a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Make the flax egg by mixing the ground flaxseeds with the 3 Tbsp. of water. Allow this to sit for 5-10 minutes until it gels.
- Meanwhile, add the pureed pear, apple sauce, and pure maple syrup to a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the coconut flour and ground cinnamon and mix again.
- Stir in the flax egg.
- Using a leaf shaped cookie cutter, cut into leaf shapes and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge.
Special thanks to Diana at Plant-Powered Dog for this tasty recipe!
Since 2005, v-dog has seen thousands of dogs thrive on our 100% plant-based and hypoallergenic kibble and treats. Our products are free of wheat, corn, and soy, making them an excellent fit for even the most sensitive pups. We're on a mission to change the pet food industry for the better, which is why we make animal products without animal products. Hooray for healthy, cruelty-free dog food!