These superfood energy bites are the best type of snack because you can share them with your pup! Made with energizing ingredients like dates and goji berries (plus carob for a dog-friendly chocolate flavor), they're the perfect sweet treat at home or on a hike.
Yields 14 small energy bites
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp sweet potato flour (we recommend the brand Glean)
- 1 Tbsp fine-ground unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tbsp carob powder
- 1 Tbsp almond butter (or sub peanut butter or tahini)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 Tbsp water (or more if needed)
- 1/4 cup goji berries, soaked in hot water for a few minutes to soften
- Add the rolled oats, sweet potato flour, coconut, carob powder, almond butter, maple syrup and dates to a food processor. Blend until incorporated and the oats are somewhat ground.
- Add water 1 Tbsp at a time until the mixture sticks together.
- Mix in the goji berries by hand.
- Form the mixture into small balls using your hands.
- Roll each ball in some extra carob and/or coconut powder to coat (optional).
- Enjoy! Store extras in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Want more recipes? Check out more fun vegan dog snacks at Plant-Powered Dog.
V-dog makes 100% plant-based dog food and treats that are pooch-tested and planet-approved. Our nutritionally complete and balanced kibble meets all AAFCO requirements and is a great fit for dogs of all shapes and sizes. Read hundreds of rave reviews from thriving vegan dogs on our testimonials page.
MORE FROM OUR BLOG:
Questions about v-dog?
Contact our customer happiness team at email@example.com.