These dog-friendly donuts are a delicious vegan treat that you can share with your pup! Turmeric is naturally anti-inflammatory, which helps keeps your dog's skin and joints healthy. Enjoy this fun recipe from Plant-Powered Dog and check out more yummy vegan dog recipes here.
Turmeric Doggy Donuts (V, GF)
For the donuts:
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour (or other gluten-free flour)
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ Tbsp baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flax meal + 2.5 Tbsp water)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp water
For the frosting:
- 2 Tbsp almond or oat milk
- 2 Tbsp pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Sprinkle of turmeric for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
- Prepare the flax egg by adding the flaxseeds and water to a bowl. Stir and allow the mixture to sit out for about 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the donut pan, filling them up about halfway.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and spongy to the touch.
- While the donuts are baking, prepare the frosting by whisking together the almond or oat milk and pumpkin.
- Once the donuts are cool, remove them from the pan and top with the frosting and an extra sprinkle of turmeric if desired.
Leftovers? Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Tag us @vdogfood with your vegan dog recipe creations!
V-dog makes 100% vegan products for dogs with allergy-friendly, easily digestible ingredients. By removing animal products from your dog's diet, you're taking a stance against animal cruelty and lowering their carbon pawprint, all while helping boost their overall health. Check out hundreds of vegan dogs thriving on our testimonials page.
MORE FROM OUR BLOG:
Questions about v-dog?
Contact our customer happiness team at firstname.lastname@example.org.