Calling all smoothie lovers! With this simple recipe, you and your pup can enjoy a healthy, plant-powered fruit smoothie together. Check it out below!
7 Ingredient Vegan Fruit Smoothie
Yields 1 serving for a 50 lb dog
1 apple (peeled and sliced)
1 banana (peeled and sliced)
1 cup blueberries
1–2 cups ice
1–2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
1–2 tsp coconut oil
1–2 Tbsp ground flax seed
Blend ingredients until smooth. Pour into your pup's bowl, and watch their face light up! (Plus, see below for other tasty ideas!)
- Bananas contain dietary fiber, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins B6 and C.
- Apples contain powerful antioxidants and loads of vitamin C.
- Blueberries are also rich in dietary fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin C.
- Dogs love peanut butter, which has heart-healthy fats, vitamin B, niacin, and vitamin E.
- Coconut oil is a wonder ingredient. It’s great for your dog's skin and coat, helps calm allergic reactions, regulates insulin, and prevents diabetes.
- Flax seed is a great source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
Serve as a smoothie.
Mix it in with your v-dog kibble.
Sprinkle some wiggle biscuits over the top.
You can also make frozen treats by freezing the batter in ice trays. (Remove coconut oil if you plan on freezing for better results.)
Once your dog hears that blender in the morning, watch out. We guarantee some serious tail-wagging and drooling!
V-dog has been serving up delicious kibble and treats since 2005 -- all 100% vegan! Our nutritionally complete formula is AAFCO approved, veterinarian recommended, and free of fillers, byproducts, and common allergens. Hooray for healthy, cruelty-free dog food!