If your dog has bad breath, this is the recipe for you! These allergy-friendly cookies are made with superfood ingredients that help freshen breath and prevent microbial buildup. (Yes, please!)
While these treats aren't a replacement for brushing your pup's teeth, they're a great way to incorporate healthy whole foods at snacktime and make those doggie kisses minty-fresh. Let's get cookin'!
- 2 ¾ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the parsley, mint, and apple.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Use a spoon to drop the dough onto the baking sheet in 1-inch rounds. Press each cookie down to flatten it.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- Let cool, then treat your patiently-waiting pup!
Be sure to introduce any new food slowly into your dog's diet. Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container for 2-3 days.
V-dog kibble and treats are 100% plant-based and full of superfoods that dogs go nuts for. Since 2005, thousands of canine customers have thrived on v-dog, saving the lives of countless farmed animals along the way. Learn more about our vegan owned and operated business here.
MORE FROM OUR BLOG:
Questions about v-dog?
Contact our customer happiness team at firstname.lastname@example.org.