Fresh Breath Dog Cookies [RECIPE]
If your dog has bad breath, this is the recipe for you! These allergy-friendly cookies are made with superfood ingredients that help freshen breath and prevent microbial buildup. (Yes, please!)
While these treats aren't a replacement for brushing your pup's teeth, they're a great way to incorporate healthy whole foods at snacktime and make those doggie kisses minty-fresh. Let's get cookin'!
- 2 ¾ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the parsley, mint, and apple.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Use a spoon to drop the dough onto the baking sheet in 1-inch rounds. Press each cookie down to flatten it.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- Let cool, then treat your patiently-waiting pup!
Be sure to introduce any new food slowly into your dog's diet. Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container for 2-3 days.
Looking for an even easier way to freshen your pup's breath? Check our our breathbones! These yummy dental chew treats smell like pumpkin pie and help boost your pup's oral hygiene.
V-dog kibble and treats are 100% plant-based and full of superfoods that dogs go nuts for. Since 2005, thousands of canine customers have thrived on v-dog, saving the lives of countless farmed animals along the way.
MORE FROM OUR BLOG:
Questions about v-dog?
Contact our customer happiness team at email@example.com.