A dog treat that's tasty, easy on the belly, and chock-full of plant-based goodness? Sign us up! Nichole of Spice & Sprouts, a vegan lifestyle and recipe blog, is here to share her easy-peasy 4-ingredient vegan dog treats. Check out the recipe below!
Can dogs really benefit from a plant-based diet? Absolutely! Learn more here.
Pumpkin Dog Treats (V, GF)
Yields about 15 treats
- 1 whole banana (ripe)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup gluten-free oats (Nichole uses GF quick oats)
- 1 heaping Tbsp ground flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Mash banana in a small bowl using a fork until no clumps remain.
- Add pumpkin puree to mashed banana and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats and ground flaxseeds. Gently mix to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Form tablespoon-sized balls by rolling between palms and then press between fingers to flatten to desired shape and size.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Watch your pup do a happy dance!
Check out more delish vegan recipes on Spice & Sprouts.
Since 2005, v-dog has seen thousands of dogs thrive on our 100% plant-based and hypoallergenic kibble and treats. Our products are free of wheat, corn, and soy, making them an excellent fit for even the most sensitive pups. We're on a mission to change the pet food industry for the better, which is why we make animal products without animal products. Hooray for healthy, cruelty-free dog food!