Time for another yummy treat recipe from Plant-Powered Dog! These cookies are made with coconut flour, hemp seeds, and flax for an allergy-friendly omega boost. You might even be tempted to try one yourself!
Blueberry Hemp Dog Treats (V, GF)
Yields 14 treats
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 flax egg (Combine 1 Tbsp flax meal + 3 Tbsp warm water and let thicken for 10 minutes)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries, chopped
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 4 Tbsp applesauce (be sure to use unsweetened with no added ingredients)
- 4 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the coconut flour and flax egg to a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the hemp seeds, baking soda and applesauce and stir well.
- Add the water and stir.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the baking sheet and gently flatten with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies start to brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet and serving to your pup. Prepare for lots of tail-wagging!
Store leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for 3-4 days.
V-dog makes animal products without animal products. Since 2005, our plant-based kibble and treats have shown that dogs can absolutely thrive without any meat in their diets. But don't take our word for it — check out hundreds of rave reviews from our canine customers here!
MORE FROM OUR BLOG:
Questions about v-dog?
Contact our customer happiness team at email@example.com.